yah

Solidarity day

3 PM – The beginning was exciting when my babe and I step onto Masjid Jamek platform. The rally just like a hot pie released from the oven, they were all burning in yellow but hell yeah I didn’t brave enough to wear the banana color. I took out the camera and brought into the crowd, but suddenly there was heavy rain fell from the top. A Chinese lady provided rain coat for RM5 and without doubt I got it one! Later, the weather brought back the happiness of the day. My babe, Hanis, she disappeared from my views because didn’t want to attend the the wet moment. So I got her when there were some Malaysians made their speeches on a lorry. I sang the ‘Buruh Tani’ song together with the elder Chinese man who hold the mic. A white paper with sort of nation songs was released by an Indian youth, she gave me one and I kept it to catch the spirit of the rhythm inside.

6 PM – Late evening, my friend and I were suffering no idea to go where. So we joined the Chinese youth to stand beside the street while helping them to rise the banner. Hanis asked me, ‘’Kita ni dah macam model pegang spanduk? Tetiba ramai nak ambil gambar ngan kita? Kena cas duit ni sampai jadi 2.6, haha,’’. I still can’t believe at the moment, their spirits was much higher than what I aim for. Back to the story, a Chinese man asked me if the prayer time has come because he wanted to silent the crowd. ‘’Sekalang sudah waktu ketiga kan orang nak semayang?’’. ‘’Tak uncle, sekarang waktu ke empat. Sekejap lagi waktu kelima dalam pukul 8.30 baru azan (sambil tunjuk prayer times dalam phone)’’. ‘’Ok awak pergilah sembahyang dulu’’. And I was like, aku tak boleh solat der… So I just informed him I couldn’t.

9 PM – Mrs Petty, a former worker of KFC asked me to get my dinner if I was exhausted stood up for hours. I said, I’m okay and still can run the day! Then she passed me mineral water and I was like.. what a beautiful creation you were, Mrs Petty! I had my dinner in Burger King and back to the street to continue my part time job for promoting our grievances. My friend and I sang one of the popular nation song and it was continued by a Chinese next to me. ‘’Eh you pun tahu lagu kitorang nyanyi?’’. ‘’Yala, I dengar masa sekolah dulu. Jom nyanyi lagi’’. Then we sang another famous song, SAYA ANAK MALAYSIA.

10 PM – A Makcik who is a leader of Wanita Umno Bahagian (tak tanya pula bahagian mana) in Ujung Pasir, Bandar Hilir Melaka stressed her angry in the public. I saw she hold the banner and we had a great talk for minutes. ‘’Kamu dari mana?,’’ asked her. ‘’Melaka Makcik..’’. ‘’Makcik ni ketua wanita Umno kat kampung, makcik ada 12 orang anak.  Kenapa makcik pegang banner beras ni? Sebab anak makcik ramai.. makcik nak bagi diorang makan apa? Hari raya ada Najib bagi duit? Tak lansung. Harga itu ini naik. Dulu makcik sokong dia dari tingkat satu sampai tujuh, sekarang kalau makcik kena tahan, makcik nak tanya apa kau bagi dekat aku? Blablabla ( tak sanggup pula aku dengar leteran dia),’’ and she stop nagging. But if you have look into her, you will find how she passes the moments with difficulties in raising 12 children. Takbir.

11 PM – The rally still burning near the Dataran Merdeka. I got the token and left the crowd with a heavy heart. 

11.30 – Hanis and I lost till the LRT stop us at Sentul Timur. Then the train off its lights and we were screaming in the train like ''weh cmna ni wehh train berhenti!! lampun dia padam!''. I was aiming the emergency button but fortunately the lights was on and the train moved. It was funny because we had jumped onto a bridge which we also didn't know why we acted that! Then we ran onto the train back because the door was going to close. Alhamdulillah the train sent us back to Bandar Tasik Selatan and we reached home with a bucket of moments.

12 AM - We were so happy because having Merdeka in the train. We chilled in the LRT while our eyes caught to the firecrackers released and full the skies with colors.

Thank you all protesters, traffic men, traders, and rest peacefully,

Malaysians.





No comments:

Post a Comment